Located in the heart of the Sonoran desert, Phoenix, Arizona, is a sun-soaked city known for its culture, cuisine, and stunning landscapes. (It’s also known for sweltering heat, but that’s another story.) If you’re visiting Phoenix or planning to move here, the information below is made just for you! It’s a list of the top 14 best things to do in Phoenix, AZ! If having a fun and exciting time with friends and family in Phoenix is your goal, read on!
1. Explore the Desert Botanical Garden
The Sonoran desert is astounding, and there’s no better way to see it than the Desert Botanical Garden. While you wander among the thousands of desert plants, you’ll be able to experience this desert region’s unique flora and fauna.
2. Hike Camelback Mountain
A veritable Phoenix icon, Camelback Mountain offers a challenging hike. Your reward: incredible panoramic views of the surrounding desert and Phoenix!
3. A Breathtaking Hot Air Balloon Ride
Taking a Hot Air Balloon Ride Over the desert is an unforgettable experience that is at once breathtaking, serene, and unbelievably beautiful.
4. Marvel at the Heard Museum
To experience one of the best Native American exhibits in the country, don’t miss the Heard Museum. Their spectacular exhibits showcase the traditions and rich heritage of the area’s indigenous people.
5. Catch a Phoenix Suns Basketball Game
If you’re a fan of the NBA, catching a Phoenix Suns basketball game should be on your list while visiting Phoenix
6. Take an ATV Desert Tour
If you are an adrenaline junkie or want to see the desert up close and personal, an ATV desert tour is the perfect choice!
7. Enjoy the Phoenix Art Museum
The Phoenix Art Museum is among the best in the United States, featuring a stunning contemporary, European, and Western art collection.
8. Stroll through Old Town Scottsdale
With a collection of charming shops, art galleries, and vibrant nightlife, Old Town Scottsdale will be one of your favorite haunts when you live in Phoenix.
9. Paddle boarding on Tempe Town Lake
As you probably know, it gets extremely hot in Phoenix. When you have the time and want to cool off, paddle boarding on Tempe Town Lake is the way to go! (You can kayak, too!)
10. Go Wild at the Phoenix Zoo
If you’re looking for a family-friendly place to go, the Phoenix Zoo is a great choice. It’s home to over 3000 animals from all over the world and is an entertaining and educational experience for the entire family.
11. Visit Wright’s Taliesin West
If you’re an architecture fanatic, you no doubt know about Frank Lloyd Wright. Seeing his winter home, Taliesin West, is a dream come true for architecture enthusiasts.
12. Musical Instrument Museum
With the world’s largest collection of musical instruments, the Musical Instruments Museum is a glorious journey through global music culture.
13. Roosevelt Row Arts District
Roosevelt Row Arts District is a must-see if you’re a fan of immense murals, chic galleries, and amazing street art! Their vibrant arts scene is one of the best in the country and has an ever-changing array of artwork from artists around the globe. The best part is that you can see everything on foot, including their First Fridays Art Walk, held every Friday, the Pie Social, and more popular events!
14. Enjoy the Phoenix Dining Scene
With a fusion of flavors from around the globe, a focus on locally sourced ingredients, and a dining scene that caters to every palate, Phoenix, Arizona, is a foodie’s dream! You’ll find southwestern-inspired dishes with bold spices, succulent meats, and farm-to-table eateries throughout the city. From tacos out of a local food truck to international cuisine and upscale dining with panoramic desert views, there’s something for everyone, food-wise, in Phoenix! Below are 7 of the best restaurants in Phoenix, but there are many more.
- Pizzeria Bianco- Known for woodfired pizzas made with artisanal ingredients, the quality here is well-known around the city.
- Barrio Café- Bold and authentic Mexican cuisine in a just as authentic setting.
- FnB Restaurant- Farm-to-table cuisine is on the restaurant’s menu, showcasing the best of Arizona’s local produce.
- Kai Restaurant- Arizona is the only Forbes five-star and AAA five-diamond restaurant with Native American-inspired cuisine and incredible views.
- Durant’s- If a classic steakhouse is what you seek, this local favorite is a great choice.
- Rusconi’s American Kitchen- American cuisine with a southwestern twist and a commitment to sustainability. Yes, please!
- The Breadfruit & Rum Bar- Buy rent flavors and an extensive rum selection make this Caribbean restaurant one of the best in the city.
What’s the Weather Like in Phoenix?
Known globally for its sunny, arid desert climate, Phoenix, AZ, sees an average of 300 sunny days yearly. This city is bathing in sunshine, which, admittedly, has pros and cons. The cons are in summer when, the temps can be scorching and often exceed 100°F. The pros? Spring and fall, when warm days and cool nights are the norm. No matter the time of year, however, you’ll find that Phoenix has an incredibly dry climate.
Rely on Storage Solutions to Store Your Things Safely in Phoenix
When you need to store things in Phoenix, whether from your home, business, or office, Storage Solutions is your best choice. One of the main reasons is that Storage Solutions offers a wide variety of storage unit sizes to protect your valuable items well.
With great security features, convenient drive-up storage units, and on-site managers, your items will be safe and secure when you store them in Phoenix with Storage Solutions. If you’re ready, you can reserve a storage unit in Phoenix online with no credit card and no deposit needed. Then, get out there and enjoy all the fun and exciting things to do in Phoenix, Arizona!