With breathtaking views of the Superstition Mountains and a nice mix of suburban and rural living, Apache Junction, Arizona, is a pleasant place to live and work. If you’re considering moving to Apache Junction and looking for detailed information about the place, the info below is just for you! It’s all about what it’s like living in Apache Junction, and it’s brought to you by the local storage experts at Storage Solutions!
The Pros and Cons of Apache Junction
As with practically all cities and towns in the United States, Apache Junction, AZ, has good and bad points. Knowing these things before you move anywhere new is always a good idea. However, you’ll be glad to know that the pros in Apache Junction definitely outweigh the cons.
- Apache Junction is affordable
- Winter weather in Apache Junction is very comfortable
- Apache Junction is a beautiful town with scenic beauty all around
- The community is tight-knit but still welcoming
- There are many outdoor activities to enjoy in and around town
- Apache Junction is very close to Phoenix, one of Arizona’s premier cities
- Jobs are somewhat limited in Apache Junction
- Summer brings intense heat to the town
- Nightlife is sparse in Apache Junction
- Public Schools are slightly lacking
Apache Junction’s Cost of Living is Relatively Affordable
It would be a stretch to say that Apache Junction is affordable, but it’s not an expensive town, especially for Arizona. Best Places gives Apache Junction a cost-of-living index of 102/100, a mere 2 points above the national average. Every cost index here, with the exception of housing, is at or below the national average.
Speaking of housing, while it is higher, it isn’t ridiculous. The housing cost index is 108/100, only 8 points above the national average. When you compare that to, for example, Phoenix, at 119/100, you can see that Apache Junction is one of the more affordable towns in the state.
The Weather in Apache Junction is Challenging
You may have heard that Arizona can be incredibly hot in the summertime, and you heard right. Like most of the state, Apache Junction has a desert climate that brings exceptionally mild winters and exceptionally hot summers. For 1 to 3 months in the summer, the temperatures can, and usually do, soar above 100°F.
That said, winter in Apache Junction is extremely attractive, with pleasant days, cool nights that make it perfect for sleeping, and plenty of sunshine. That’s why you’ll find a lot of “snowbirds” coming to Apache Junction during the winter.
There are Many Exciting Outdoor Activities to Enjoy in Apache Junction
We mentioned earlier that Apache Junction is surrounded by the Superstition Mountains, which will be fantastic news if you’re a hiker, rock climber, or outdoor adventure enthusiast. Below, we’ve listed a smattering of the activities, adventures, and sports you can enjoy living in Apache Junction.
- Rock climbing
- Horseback riding
- Mountain biking
- Panning for gold
- Enjoying nature
Apache Junction’s Restaurant Scene is OK
It would be a stretch to say that Apache Junction’s culinary scene is one of the best in Arizona. That said, the town does offer a good variety of dining locations, from traditional American diners to excellent Italian and superb Mexican cuisine. (Plus, there’s much more variety in nearby Phoenix!) Below are 10 best restaurants in Apache Junction to find a good meal.
- Barleens Dinner Show- Known for its fantastic dinner theater experience.
- Mickey D’s Cafe- Popular for its hearty breakfast options like ham steak and country potatoes.
- The Sandwich Shoppe- You’ll find delicious sandwiches here, particularly their Italian sandwich.
- Papa Bears Barbeque- A local favorite thanks to its fantastic barbeque, friendly staff, and fun interior décor.
- The Meat Slicer Deli- This will be your go-to for large, delicious, shareable sandwiches.
- Paladino’s Italian Eatery- Good service and extra-large salads are the hallmarks of this popular Italian restaurant.
- Toast Gio’s Breakfast & Lunch- Delicious food, excellent service, and local entertainment? Yes, please!
- Mad Taco AZ- Known for outstanding and reasonably priced food, especially the taco combos.
- Papa Murphy’s | Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza- Budget-friendly take-and-bake pizzas are the meal of the day here.
- Boba Shack- Known for excellent boba, waffles on a stick (it’s a thing!), and great customer service.
Apache Junction Offers Several RV Parks
Quite a few folks come to Apache Junction in their RVs, and if that’s you, you’ll be glad to know that there are plenty of RV parks around to set up shop while you visit. The link we’ve just provided will lead you to more than 110 RV parks in and around Apache Junction.
Apache Junction is Close to Phoenix, AZ
One of the best perks of living in Apache Junction is that it’s incredibly close to Phoenix, Arizona, one of the top cities in the state! At only 35 miles away, a day trip into Phoenix is no problem when you live in Apache Junction, and it opens up a much bigger world of possibilities for shopping, dining, entertainment, and so forth.
Apache Junction offers a great living experience with its desert beauty, urban convenience, and outdoor activities. When you add the town’s rich culture, historical heritage, and charm, it’s no surprise that so many folks are moving here.
Store Your Things Safely in Apache Junction with Storage Solutions
If your family is like the majority in the United States, your home or apartment is probably stuffed to the gills with stuff! Storage Solutions can help if that’s you, especially if you’ve just arrived with a moving truck full of household goods to store. Safe and secure, your belongings will be in good hands with Storage Solutions. Many local businesses also use our safe, clean, affordable storage units in Apache Junction to store tools, supplies, overstock, and even work trucks. If you’re ready, you can reserve a storage unit in Apache Junction, AZ, on our website or stop in by our facility and an on-site manager will be more than happy to help you.