Nestled in the foothills of the Estrella Mountain Range, Goodyear, Arizona, is a popular destination for those seeking a mix of urban accessibility along with suburban tranquility. Goodyear is one of the more unique cities in the state, characterized by incredible beauty and a rapidly growing population.
If you’re considering moving to Goodyear soon and are looking for information about why so many people are heading here, you’ve come to the right place! The following content below will give you detailed information about why folks are moving to Goodyear in droves! To discover them all before you arrive, read on!
The Weather in Goodyear is Fantastic
Undoubtedly, the weather is one of the biggest draws to Goodyear, AZ. With more than 300 days a year of sunshine, you’ll have plenty of time and opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. Yes, summer can get sweltering hot, but that only lasts about three months. Spring and fall in Goodyear are pleasant and comfortable, while winter might be best as it’s mild, dry, cool at night, and warm (but not hot) during the day.
Cost of Living is Reasonable
With an overall cost-of-living index of 113/100, Goodyear is more reasonably priced than several other Arizona cities. Most cost indices, including groceries, healthcare, and utilities, fall right around the national average. The one drawback is the housing index, which is 139/100. The median home cost in Goodyear is $458,000, which is 40% higher than the U.S. average. In other words, while it’s not the cheapest city in Arizona, Goodyear still offers a reasonable cost of living.
The Golfing is Great
One major draw to Goodyear is the world-class golf found here. Incredibly, the city boasts several of the best golf courses in the United States, including Palm Valley Golf Club and Tres Rios Golf Course at Estrella Mountain Park. If you’ve ever dreamt of playing a round of golf while enjoying magnificent views of the Sonoran Desert, Goodyear is the place to do it!
Goodyear has Many Parks and Green Spaces to Enjoy
When you consider that Goodyear gets over 300 days a year of sunshine, you won’t be surprised to learn there are plenty of parks and recreational areas to enjoy the outdoors here. Goodyear Community Park, for example, offers a wide variety of recreational activities for the entire family. Estrella Mountain Regional Park is the same, with areas for sports, camping, picnicking, and more!
The Dining Scene is Delicious
You’ll be pleased to learn there are a wide variety of excellent restaurants, cafés, and other eateries in Goodyear, AZ! Below are some of the best to get you started and satisfy everyone’s tummy!
- Bella Luna Ristorante – Bella Luna Ristorante offers an impressive Italian culinary experience.
- Chef Ben Sushi & Asian Express – With quick, tasty Japanese cuisine and excellent service, this place is a great option for those on the go.
- P.F. Chang’s – P.F. Chang’s is praised for its attentive service and vibrant atmosphere (although their prices are relatively high).
- Chido Mx Mexican Food – This Mexican restaurant is a local favorite, thanks to its authentic taste.
- Lucky Buddha – This restaurant is an excellent choice for delivery and offers truly yummy cuisine.
- Mariscos Camaron Pelao – Tasty soups and seafood are found here, along with an authentic and enjoyable dining experience.
- Ah-Hai Sushi & Grill – Offering a wide range of sushi and grilled dishes, Ah-Hai is known for its superior quality and great taste.
- Saddle Mountain Brewing Company- A favorite local brewpub known for its Bison burger, tasty beer selections, and lively atmosphere.
- Macayo’s Mexican Food – Macayo’s is a go-to place for Mexican cuisine enthusiasts.
Goodyear has an Excellent Mix of Nice Neighborhoods
Goodyear has a decent mix of nice neighborhoods to choose from. That choice will depend on several things, including if you have children at home, whether you like golf and several others. Below are 7 of the best communities in Goodyear, with a quick note as to why they’re highly rated.
- Sedella: A newer community known for its energy-efficient homes, Sedella is ideal for those who enjoy an active lifestyle and the outdoors.
- Pebblecreek: This neighborhood is known for its upscale living and is particularly attractive to active adults. It offers a variety of amenities, especially golf, making it a popular choice for those seeking a luxury lifestyle.
- Estrella Mountain Ranch: Admired for its scenic beauty and outdoor recreation opportunities, Estrella Mountain Ranch provides a blend of suburban comfort with easy access to nature.
- Palm Valley: Palm Valley is known for its family-friendly environment and community involvement.
- Rio Paseo / Villages and Cottages at Rio Paseo: Well-designed residential spaces that offer community-centric living, making them a great choice for families and professionals.
- Cortile at Palm Valley: This neighborhood offers a tranquil, upscale living experience and is well-suited for those looking for easy access to urban amenities.
- Goodyear West: A newer housing development and growing community, Goodyear West offers modern living spaces and top amenities.
Goodyear has Excellent Public Schools
With an A- grade on Niche, Goodyear proves that education is one of their top priorities. Goodyear is home to some of the top schools in Arizona and offers some of the best educational opportunities for your children in the state. University High School, for example, is the #17 Best Public High School in Arizona and gets an A+!
Store Your Belongings Safely in Goodyear with Storage Solutions
With 3 storage facilities in Goodyear, Storage Solutions can help you store practically anything. Many local Goodyear businesses use our safe and clean storage units to store, overstock, tools, gear, and supplies. Whether you’ve just moved here or lived here your entire life, you can store your stuff easily with Storage Solutions. Until then, we hope the information about why so many people are moving to Goodyear, Arizona, has given you the insight and information you were searching for!