Effective as of January 1, 2020
Last updated August 10, 2023
About National Storage Affiliates
NSA is a self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust, dedicated to the ownership, operation and acquisition of self storage facilities. Certain of NSA’s stores are operated by us under their Storage Solutions.
1. Personal Data We Collect
We collect personal data from you through your use of the Site and Services. Personal data is information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an identified or identifiable individual We collect the following types of personal data:
Personal Data You Provide
We may collect the following personal data that you voluntarily provide to us in using our Site and Services:
- Reserve a Unit. If you use our reservation feature, we will collect your first and last name, email address, and telephone number. If you use our online leasing feature, we will collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, credit card number, military or veteran status, driver’s license number, initials and electronic signature, and insurance policy number or other evidence of insurance if you do not participate in our tenant protection or tenant insurance program.
- Write a Review. If you write a review, you will provide us with your name and anything you choose to provide in your review.
- Pay Bill Online. If you use our Pay a Bill online feature, you will be directed to portal within our website. To create an account, you will provide your phone number and the facility from which you rent a unit.
- Contact Us. If you contact us through the Site, we will collect your name, email address, and telephone number. You also have the option of sending us a message, which may result in you providing additional information.
[To review or request changes to any of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.]
Personal Data as You Navigate Our Site
- Usage Information. For example, the pages on the Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Device Information. For example, hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the Site is accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
Personal Data We Collect About You from Other Sources
In some cases, we may receive personal data about you from other sources. This includes government entities, advertising networks, data brokers, operating systems and platforms, mailing list providers, social networks and advertising and marketing partners.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Site and Services, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the personal data we collect to:
- Lock-in your online rate for, or complete, a storage unit rental;
- Help you to find a storage unit near you;
- Update the availability of our storage-unit inventory;
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. You also may submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- Communicate with you about our Site or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services;
- Review your job application;
- Provide support;
- Maintain and improve our Site and Services;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Site and Services;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our lease agreement, and to otherwise fulfill our legal obligations;
- Acquire and sell self storage facilities and related properties, including identifying and conducting due diligence on such facilities and properties and negotiating transaction agreements
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it, or any other purpose we deem necessary or appropriate;
- Efficiently conduct, maintain and operate our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
3. How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share the personal data that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With vendors to allow us to provide our services to, or communicate with, you (such as technology providers that provide software to store and process customer information);
- With vendors who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (such as email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- With vendors to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- With vendors who perform services on our behalf relating to the management and operation of our business;
- With vendors who perform services on our behalf relating to prospective employees;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third party’s legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal data;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
4. "Do Not Track" Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to, or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personal data we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
6. Third Party Links
The Site may contain links that will let you leave the Site and access another website. Linked websites are not under our control. We accept no responsibility or liability for these other websites.
7. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal data from children under 13.
9. How to Contact Us
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices, please email us at email@example.com.